Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Mother's Latest Scheme

         In two days, the FabFam--immediate, distant, and extended--will descend upon the cottage on Lake Winnipesaukee to celebrate big, because that's the only way my Mama knows how to do it.  See, after some ups and downs, her goddaughter/my cousin graduated from college in May.  In response, my mother is throwing a toga party.  I'll give you a minute to reread that and let it sink in.
     I'm sure you just pictured something like this:



Or maybe even like this:




Consider for a moment, though, that this is a FAMILY party.  That much of the family is well past their college days and actually into retirement age.  Try picturing YOUR parents, aunts and uncles in togas, funneling beers and dancing.

Welcome to my world.


     It's shaping up to be the party that people talk about for decades.  I'm just hoping it is because of it's awesomeness and not because of an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word :) I think tight knots and sensible underwear is the key. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want lots and lots of pictures! And maybe a YouTube clip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need all the luck I can get! Thanks, Louisa!

    Pam, you KNOW the Christmas Album doesn't make itself. There will be plenty of photographic evidence...

    ReplyDelete