Friday, July 19, 2013

A Late Edition to the Official Summer of Awesomeness To Do List

     So My Other Favorite Niece (because they are ALL my favorite) posted these flippin' dynamite pictures of her son (right) and his buddy after messing about with GLOW IN THE DARK BUBBLES.



Photos courtesy of Crystal Allen

Astounding!  Awesome!  Amazing!


     I'm totally gobsmacked by the whole idea of glow-in-the-dark bubbles.  I didn't even know there was such a thing!  I am pretty much a total bubble freak.  I've always loved bubbles, like any kid, right?  Things got serious when I had a chance meeting with charming kite makers at a Dead show in Philly in the late 80s.  I'm not kidding, making kites was their business.  How cool is that?!  Anyhow, through them, I met a guy who was developing a wand that would make gigantic bubbles.  I got to test market some of the prototype models, until he came up with a  version that folks can buy in stores today.  (Or search the 'net for DIY versions.  Cool stuff, kids.  You're welcome!)



     My status as the Bubble Girl was pretty much sealed at that point.  Any of the World's Cutest Kids in my life know that they can hit me up for some bubble fun pretty much anytime, anywhere.  My coworkers, too, have been known to come to me when they need a "bubble break."  At this very moment, on my desk at work, there are no fewer than three different bubble containers.  In my purse right now there are at least two bottles of wedding bubbles leftover from Saturday's festivities--which included making GIANT bubbles at the end of the reception that floated across the beach and bounced off the lake to tremendous delight. (Sadly, no pictures have materialized.  They were glorious, though!)

     So, now that I know there is such a wonder as glow-in-the-dark bubbles, I have a new item for The List.  I'll keep you posted!


1 comment:

  1. Glow-in-the-dark bubbles? Awesome! Where do I find them?

    ReplyDelete