Monday, June 24, 2013

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

It's REALLY late for me.  And on a school night! Usually, I'm long asleep before the 10 o'clock news airs.  Not tonight, though.

See, today the electrician came.  So the Oasis of Awesomeness is now fully operational.  Only, when I got home from work, there was a boy to pick up from the train station and a column to submit to my editor and burgers to grill for dinner and a top secret craft project (just a few more days and I'll have pictures, I promise!) before I could suit up for the inaugural hot tub dip.

Of course, any one of those things (well except for fetching the lad from the train) could be put off a bit.  Mother Nature had other ideas.  A violent thunderstorm blew through the area.  It was about 10 PM before it had passed.

And that is how it came to be that I'm blogging from my porch swing during the final minutes of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs (Go Bruins!) in a wet bathing suit.

Not bad for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment