Monday, August 5, 2013

Smitten

     This weekend, I fell head over heels in love.  He's got soft, brown hair, and big, blue eyes.  After a whirlwind romance, he spent two hours in my arms.  It was heaven.  I can't wait until our next date.

Baby D arrived in our family on the first day of summer.  He's my cousin's first child.  And he's perfect.

I'm not just a one-baby girl, though, and yesterday, I spent the day with another cousin's babies--8-month-old Marshmallow  Man and his super groovy 4-year-old big brother, the Little Lebowski.  These fellas have had me wrapped around their little fingers since they first arrived on the scene.

  It's been too long since I've spent this much time with babies.  I forgot how much I love them.  I mean I really, really love babies.  I made a career out of caring for them, of training other infant caregivers, and working with parents through pregnancy and the early years with their babies.  Two years ago I took another job--that I do in fact love--working with hunger relief programs at a food bank.  It's a wonderful job doing really good work that helps a lot of people.  I get to work with church food pantries and social service agencies and afterschool programs and shelters.  It's not working with babies, though.

It was good to be reminded of my first love.  I am okay with not making my living in the baby biz.  I am defnitely going to have to spend more time with these three lover boys, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment